Digital Media Coordinator
Do you stand amid a pixelated jungle eager to conquer a new challenge?
Well, you’re in luck because the jungle is dense, and our clients need help navigating through the unknown. We’re looking for the next digital trailblazer to help our clients uncover new trails and improve their digital presence.
A Digital Specialist will focus most of his/her time helping clients improve their digital presence. They will report directly to the Digital Brand Manager and will manage digital platforms for our diverse slate of national and local clients. You will be helping clients find their path one opportunity at a time.
This is an entry- to intermediate-level position. Ideally, the applicant would be comfortable spending time in the office, at least during the onboarding process. Building relationships amongst the team is a top priority at McKee Wallwork. We work hard to accommodate our teammates’ needs for flexible work situations, as long as we don’t sacrifice camaraderie.
Key requirements to have learned within the first 60 days:
- Able to be in the office for at least the onboarding process
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices
- Familiarization with Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Campaign Manager 360
- Experience with website optimization tools
- Familiarization with HTML, JSON, and other markup languages
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to grasp new technologies and platforms quickly
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Punctual and can work on a deadline
- Able to communicate clearly with teammates
- Familiar with project management software
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Reviewing and analyzing client websites for improvements and optimization
- Explore and recommend new digital platforms for clients to utilize
- Develop monthly and quarterly digital reports
- Assist in content development on existing sites
- Aid in the development process of new sites
- Attend regular briefings on client projects
- Use our project management software to submit and respond to projects
- Status regularly with the Digital Brand Manager
- Schedule project status meetings as projects require
- Obtain both Google Ad Search and Analytics Certification soon after completing the onboarding process
If you’re interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Client Services Executive
MW+C is looking to add a new member to our client services team. The ideal Client Services Executive is a natural leader, but a very special type of leader.
The biggest, most momentous deals in history (think peace accords and political alliances) are all said to have a broker – somebody bringing the parties together, finding a way forward, and getting everybody on board. The Client Services Executive is responsible for brokering alignment amongst all parties involved in every single assignment. The concrete, specific, day-to-day decisions of how the whole band plays in sync come down to your ability to hear everybody’s perspectives and marshal a way forward, whether through a carefully worded email or a masterfully-led sixteen-person all-hands meeting.
This role is responsible for setting forth the parameters of each project, but also for championing their reconsideration where necessary. This means understanding all the stakeholders, internalizing their respective interests and needs, and recognizing how to thread the needle to bring them all into alignment. Most of the time everybody else will see only their sheet of music. It’s your job to conduct the orchestra (though usually not to write the piece) so that it all comes together masterfully.
Our clients and our teams will rely on you to be the steady, unflappable, and reliable guide who will be clear-minded and level-headed when the ambiguity is thick and the bullets are flying. You have the wisdom and perspective to clearly frame the challenge for all involved, and then to help them get there.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational skills, will have a bent toward the tactical and tangible over the strategic and ethereal, will love to-do lists and the feeling of getting a big task done, and is good at seeing the hurdles that might impede a project’s success. You don’t just see obstacles; you do the hard work of bringing everything and everyone together to overcome those obstacles and reach the finish line. You can budget, prioritize, and schedule in your sleep. You’re not just decisive, but you can think (really think – process and consider and reconsider a situation) on the fly. Translating strategy into thousands of tactical decisions in a single day comes naturally for you, and it’s invigorating.
You think ahead. You look forward. You want to know how your client is doing, you know what they’re going to ask you next, you know what’s keeping them up at night, and you already have a thoughtful answer prepared, a plan in your back pocket, and a few teammates chasing down various angles in the meantime. You seek opportunities. You stay one step ahead of everyone else. You create confidence. You fix things. You are the force.
When your clients have a problem, they call you. They don’t know how you’re going to fix it or figure it out, just that you will. You don’t know all the answers but you’re not afraid of anything and you know the questions it takes to get to the answers. If a tough call needs to be made you know how to define it and frame it, and whom to bring in. When you do, you’ve laid all the groundwork so that your colleagues’ task is straightforward, and you understand how to unify the parts to that the end product sings.
Organized, Realistic, Punctual, Encouraging, Empathetic, Dependable, Communicative, Persistent
If you’re intrigued, please send a cover letter and resume to Dayna Melvin at email@example.com.