Do you cringe when you stumble across a website that’s clumsily written? Us too.
The good news is that we have a lot of clients who want better-written websites. So many, in fact, that we can barely keep up. So, we are looking for a new teammate with the powers to do something about it. A writer. A linguaphile. A wordsmith. A master of the pen.
Do you find yourself annoyingly editing documents unsolicited? Do you correct friends’ grammar during conversation? Do you generally think that the world would be a better place if we all agreed that the Oxford Comma is a good thing? Then we should talk.
A Content Copywriter will focus most of his/her time helping clients tell their stories better. They will report directly to the Senior Copywriter, and will produce written content for our diverse slate of national and local clients. You will be making the world a slightly better place, one story at a time. We’re not saying you’ll be a superhero, but we’re not not saying it either.
This is an entry- to intermediate-level position. Ideally, the applicant would be comfortable spending time in the office, at least during the onboarding process. Building relationships amongst the team is a top priority at McKee Wallwork. We work hard to accommodate our teammates’ needs for flexible work situations, as long as we don’t sacrifice camaraderie.
- Has previous experience writing online content for brands
- Able to be in the office for at least the onboarding process
- Familiar with AP standards
- Punctual and can work on deadline
- Able to communicate clearly with teammates
- Familiar with project management software
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Write weekly articles for online publishing from interviews conducted by senior teammates
- Attend regular briefings on client projects
- Investigate information and follow story leads if more information is required beyond the interview briefing
- Join client interviews conducted by senior teammates either by phone or Zoom
- Optimize headlines for search engines and target audiences
- Edit existing content to improve readability
- Write articles in line with agency SEO requirements by interfacing with the Media, Digital, and Accounts teams
- Use our project management software to submit and respond to projects
- Status regularly with the Senior Copywriter
- Schedule project status meetings as projects require
- Obtain Google Ad Search Certification soon after completing the onboarding process