Want to experience agency life firsthand at MW+C’s Account Services department? Apply for our 7-week Survival Training program.
MEDIA OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
At McKee Wallwork + Co. we believe we can accomplish more together than apart. We work best with self-motivated, bright minds that enjoy a team-oriented, deadline driven environment. We have a tight-knit team of specialists serving clients around the country and we’re on the search for a Media Operations Specialist who wants be part of something bigger.
Responsible for the quality and timely execution and trafficking of client campaigns while supporting the media and digital team members to deliver on client expectations. This role will need to excel in day-to-day ad operations with proficiency working in third party ad serving platforms, AdWords, Social advertising systems, and pixels/tracking systems and reporting.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- 2+ year in ad operations role focused on digital media
- Experience in Google AdWords
- Experience with ad serving systems and platforms strongly preferred
- Experience with placing social advertising
- Experience creating reports to showcase performance of our campaigns
- Exceptional attention to detail with ability to work in a deadline focused environment is a must
- Ability to multi-task comfortably across various projects and teams/departments
- Proven track record of taking ownership of a project and seeing it through to completion
- A solution driven mentality
- Willingness to “roll up the sleeves” and dive into some of the more mundane tasks on a day-to-day basis (scheduling, proofreading, routing, etc.)
- Degree preferred
- Ownership of complete ad server setup (trafficking), AdWords management and social advertising systems
- Actively manage creative assets and implement ad rotations, targeting, and tracking
- Organize and implement tracking
- Traffic print and broadcast media
- Pay Per Click content writing
- Ensure quality assurance of trafficked assets
- Review dashboards and create reports, flagging issues and recommending changes to increase campaign performance
- POP, tearsheet, tracking and review
- Troubleshoot implementation, delivery, and functionality issues.
- Understand media plan objectives, and suggest framework for campaign setup which will directly translate into reporting and performance outputs
- Proactively escalate issues and communicate potential challenges to media and/or digital teams
- Assist in data collection and analysis for client reporting
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Media Ops.’ Hurry, we need you now.
You’re smart, diplomatic, creative, communicative, persuasive, knowledgeable, organized, sensitive, empathetic, honest, wise, and courageous. You love advertising and you know why it works, when it works and how it works. You believe in true creativity: in refreshing, distinctive ideas that show respect for the intelligence of their target. You can provide examples of such work on-the-spot, you’re leading your teams to create it, and you’re on the lookout for the next opportunity for your client to lead their industry with it.
An Account Executive is a skilled tactician who also shows great promise as a strategist. You’re organized, prepared, and thorough. You have an intimate knowledge of every detail of your client’s positioning, history, budget, long-term and short-term plans, pain points, and objectives.
But you don’t stop at the facts. You use your creativity to add insight to knowledge, which allows you to develop strategies and new ideas that go beyond the expected and help your clients rise above their competition.
You see the big picture, and you line up the resources and details needed for success. You don’t see any task as above you or below you. Whether you’re writing a brief for a groundbreaking new campaign or sending calendar availabilities for a budget meeting, you bring all your skills together in the service of our client.
You’re a communicator. You’re able to equip everyone else in the agency with the tools they need to get the job done, and then lead them through to success. You don’t just share facts, you inspire brilliance. You’re a skilled advocate, helping the agency better serve the client by strengthening the relationship from every side. You’re comfortable in your role as the client’s primary representative within the agency, and as the agency’s primary representative to the client.
People like you, and they trust you, because your insight is a blessing to them. You simplify massive problems into manageable pieces that people can understand and see themselves conquering. That goes for the internal teams who rely on you for leadership and clear direction, and the clients who see you as an extension of their own marketing department.
You love to learn: about the client, about their industry, about advertising, and about how to get better. You don’t settle for easy answers, but see every puzzle as a treasure hunt. You love the journey, not just the destination, and your enthusiasm is contagious. In a typical day, you’ll lead a client presentation, brief a creative team, review and send invoices, provide research for the media department, coach an account coordinator on how to write a better meeting summary, write a darn good meeting summary yourself, quell a tough situation with a frustrated client, and invent a new way of solving an old problem.
But there’s no typical day. We’re leading our agency and our clients through the wild, and the only guarantee is that everything will change.
To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to Jonathan Lewis at email@example.com.