Founder and president, McKee Wallwork + Company, recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the fastest‐growing companies in America
Businessweek.com columnist since 2003
Author of the Axiom‐Award‐winning When Growth Stalls: Why You’re Stuck and What to do About It (Jossey Bass, 2009) and Power Branding: Leveraging the Success of the World’s Best Brands (Palgrave Macmillan, January 2014)
McKee Wallwork + Company is an award‐winning integrated marketing firm founded in 1997 that has twice won the prestigious Effie Award for marketing effectiveness from the American Marketing Association and was recognized by Advertising Age as one of ten top small agencies in the nation.
A business and branding strategist for nearly 30 years, Steve has held executive positions at notable agencies including NW Ayer, Della Femina, and a division of McCann‐Erickson Worldwide, on brands including Pizza Hut, International Paper, Bloomberg and Taco Bell. He has been published or quoted in The New York Times, USA Today, Advertising Age, Adweek, Investor’s Business Daily and The Los Angeles Times, among others, and he has appeared on CNBC, ESPN2, CNNfn, Bloomberg TV, and network television affiliates across America.
Steve speaks on a variety of interesting, original topics, all revolving around his expertise as a business and brand strategist. His most popular topics include:
- When Growth Stalls: How it Happens, Why You’re Stuck and What To Do About It
- Power Branding: Leveraging the Success of the World’s Best Brands
- Convergence: Marketing’s Greatest Challenge (And Biggest Opportunity)
- SPARK: How Great Ideas Catch Fire
- The Rationally Irrational Consumer
- Competition and Creative Destruction Integrated Marketing: If You Knew It, You’d Do It
- The Perils of Big Data
- Are You Buying Loyalty or Building It?
- The Power of Internal Branding
- Five Common B2B Marketing Myths
- Innovation on a Budget Ten Common Marketing Mistakes
Steve is happy to tailor any presentation to the needs of a specific audience. He has addressed a wide variety of groups, from private corporations to industry associations, providing everything from convention keynotes to in‐depth seminars.